Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From the mail bag: Origami you can put some teeth in

Reporters get the craziest mail.

When I was covering murder trials a few years back, I would frequently get prison mail from men "who wanted pen pals," or worse, "some spare commissary money."

Since I entered the realm of all things feature reporting, however, I gotta say the mail may have gotten weirder.

Last week, I opened a giant periwinkle box that was filled to the brim with confetti and one single container of food coloring.
The next day I got a book titled "Jurassic Towel Origami."

The paperback, which is sold for less than $10, promises to make bath time fun with dinosaurs crafted from towels.

WEIRD?

Yes.

After pondering who in the hell would want to bring a T-Rex to bath time, I did a little homework on the Internet. Turns out a lot of people!
I found step-by-step videos, news broadcasts and countless books on towel origami. So the next time you want to impress guests try it for yourself.


No comments: