Monday, August 10, 2009

Miracle Avalanche benefits kids

Hello folks,

Sorry I have been MIA too long. (Work, life, family illnesses have piled up).

Here are a couple of Trendy foodie updates you should know about:

-Thursday, you can help the Children's Miracle Network by supporting the Avalanche of Blizzards. Dairy Queen will donate $1 from every Blizzard sale to CMN, which supports 170 children's hospitals across the U.S. and Canada.

-Also Thursday, Rao's will serve Kopi Luwak, "a rare and exotic coffee that is considered the most expensive and difficult to obtain coffee in the world," according to a news release.

Kopi Luwak is made from coffee beans gathered from animal droppings. Mmm! That is truly the best part of waking up: animal feces in your cup.

In all seriousness, I am sure the coffee is delicious. And at $200-$300 a pound, I must say I can't resist the temptation to try the "smooth" brew myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up about Thursday's benefit. I'll be living in DQ Country all day...you know...for charity.