Sunday, May 10, 2009

Whirlwinds and surprise vacations

Greetings from Washington D.C.!
I am on hiatus this week after my amazing plus-one surprised me Friday night with a whirlwind adventure and plane tickets.
We left Houston Saturday for D.C. and on Tuesday are heading up to NYC on a train.
Check out some of our photos from the Newseum and around D.C. Be back soon.


The top right photo was taken in the Newseum's G-man exhibit with my favorite mobster. Above, I am taking in all of the Sept. 12, 2001 front pages from around the world in an extremely emotional exhibit at the Newseum.
Look over my left shoulder for a great view of our nation's capital.

Checking out a section of the Berlin Wall at the Newseum with my plus-one's brother. Still questioning its authenticity. All of the graffiti was written in English. Makes me wonder. Anyway, have a great week.

3 comments:

Daymon said...

you are so rockin' in that purple outfit!

Anonymous said...

sorry i posted on the wrong one? but someone please tell me, what the hell is a plus-one

Ashley Sanders said...

Anon 4:08: A plus one is usually your boyfriend/girlfriend. You often see the term on wedding invitations, implying you could bring a significant other or a friend to the event. In this case, the plus one is my boyfriend.

You are not the only person to pose the plus one question. I apologize that it wasn't more clear.