Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye did what?

Kudos to Beyonce Knowles for having the dignity and grace to give Taylor Swift the limelight she deserved Sunday night during the MTV Video Music Awards.

In case you didn't watch the show (It's okay, I didn't either. I am about a decade too old to tune into MTV these days.), Kanye West stole Taylor's moment to relish in her win for best female video when he stormed the stage, shouting Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video was a better choice for the award.

(Here's a clip, in case you missed it)


"I was standing on the stage and I was really excited because I had just won the award," Swift told the Associated Press after Sunday's show at Radio City Music Hall. "And then I was really excited because Kanye West was on the stage. And then I wasn't so excited anymore after that."

When Beyonce won video of the year later in the night for "Single Ladies," she invited Swift out on stage to "have her moment."

Kanye, according to the AP, was asked to leave the building. He has since blogged an apology to Taylor.

So, what do you think? Should he do more to make up for embarrassing Taylor and ruining her first VMA award?

1 comment:

Matty D said...

What, like he didn't communicate sincerity on his blog VIA WRITING IN ALL CAPS?!