Saturday, July 11, 2009

That's a Howl of an ugly shirt

Debbie Rowe, Michael Jackson’s ex wife, made a number of headlines this week.

Undoubtedly, most media outlets turned their attention to her after she announced plans to seek custody of Jackson’s two eldest children, Paris and Prince.

Rowe is really of no consequence to me. I only hope the kids end up where they choose to be and where they will be well cared for.

Truth be told, Rowe didn’t really make my radar this week until photos surfaced of her wearing a “Three Wolf Moon” T-shirt while tending a horse in California.

I am by no means a fashionista. And like most of you, I have slum clothes I wear when painting or doing laborious projects around the house. So, I am not judging Rowe’s work clothes, just her taste.

I have seen a number of local ladies as of late sporting wolf T-shirts. I guess I don’t understand the new phenomenon.

Just Google searching the words “Wolf” and “T-shirt” brought up more than 100,000 horrid results.

Did you know you can buy a wolf and Indian princess T-shirt or a tank top bearing the image of a silhouetted angel wolf online?

If you really want to go wild, score a T-shirt print of an oversized wolf head snuggled among the stars as it watches over humans below.

Can anyone say CREEPY?

I have become so fixated lately about wolf shirts that I casually mentioned to one of my co-workers that the wolves seem to be breeding in Southeast Texas, more and more shirts springing to life everyday.

Later, he sent me this text message:
“I just saw a wolf shirt, possible coyote. They must make them in one size, so they cover the kneecaps. Fancy.”

Fancy indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm just sayin' . . . is this the best you can do? wolf t-shirts creepy? not as much as some of the skull and crossbone t's iv'e seen.

Ronda C. said...

You need to check out http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1776464
There is a whole running joke about the wolf shirt.