Monday, October 5, 2009

Pink treadmill for heroes, not sissies

I have a love/hate relationship with the treadmill in my life. I love the progress I log every time I step off after a successful run and I enjoy the trimming it provides my waistline. But, like most people who aren't in love with running,I hate the work.

Exygon Health & Fitness is offering a little incentive, however, for non-runners like me.

For every mile logged on Exygon's pink treadmill this month, treadmill manufacturer, Cybex International Inc., will donate 10 cents to support breast cancer research. Exygon will also donate $5 to the Julie Roger's "Gift of Life" program for each new member who joins during the month of October, according to a news release issued by Exygon.

Exygon Health & Fitness is located at 6450 Phelan Blvd. For details, call (409) 866-2582.

No comments: