Monday, April 6, 2009

Great Ray Bans, Ponch!



Capri pants, jumpsuits and shoulder pads. Try as I might to wish these things away, they somehow remain.

I can lump Ray Ban Aviators for men into that category as well.

The online fashion guide Trend Reports is ... well reporting that Aviators are going to be a big hit this summer. If I can just interject for a sec, I have to ask: how is this a new trend?

Cops and pilots have been sporting these for years. Heck, I think my dad even had a pair of Aviators in the '80s.

Nevertheless, the frames remain popular. If you're going to seek out a pair this summer at least try for the squared off Aviators. The look is much cooler than the original and won't give off that "I am channeling Ponch from 'CHiPs'" vibe.

Ray Ban Aviators run about $70-$90.

I have seen some pretty good knock offs at Target and sun glass kiosks in the mall for a quarter of that price.

While you're there, tell Erik Estrada we said hi.




No comments: