Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hasbro purchase benefits Salvation Army

Wow! I seem to have offended some of you readers with my prior post on bell ringers.

For those of you who would like for me to "go stand in the cold, rain, and even the hot weather for a day" as a bell ringer, I guess I should confess that I volunteered as a bell ringer and with the Angel Tree program while I was in college. It was a truly rewarding experience in which I got to spread Christmas cheer.

And now, I hope to spread even more.

Target is donating 5 percent of your purchase of select Hasbro toys, bought now through Saturday, to the Salvation Army. For details, visit www.target.com/salvationarmy

According to Target, The Salvation Army serves more than 30 million people across the United States each year.

2 comments:

Scrounger said...

It's heartwarming to know that Target is donating to the Salvation Army. For years they would NOT let the kettle bell ringers even stand outside their stores. Has that policy changed? Or, is what they are doing with this promotion in lieu of allowing the kettle bell ringers on their property? I haven't been to Target yet this Christmas season to check.

Anonymous said...

you still need to pull a ringer shift as a way of apologizing to all bell ringers for your snotty comments. your "confession" doesn't mean jack....any one of us can "confess" to doing a good deed. your column did a great disservice to all the bell ringers across the country who donate their time to such a worthy cause. yes, there are some who don't spread the christmas cheer, but i'm sure you'll find scrouges everywhere. will you be blasting them as well?