Monday, December 28, 2009

Lovelorn man pays $1,800 for newspaper love letter

Need to make a grand romantic gesture? Take a line out of Raul's book ... er newspaper ad.

Raul shelled out $1,800 last week to tell love-spurned Megan that he still wants her. The Texas man penned a "1,000-plus-word half-page love letter/advertisement" in The San Antonio-Express News.

"As the story of the unusual advertisement started to gain national attention, the San Antonio-Express News attempted to get Raul to elaborate on the rather cryptic note. But Raul has refused, preferring that his original letter, which contains no last names or contact information, speak for itself."

Raul's words to Megan include: "I understand your life is different but my soul is still constantly trying to touch yours" and "If I really truly love you, then it's important that I look for the highest mountain to climb and shout it from the top of my lungs."

This sweet story has apparently prompted countless men to come forward seeking a similar ad for their lady loves. I hope we get some romantic prose soon inside the pages of The Enterprise.

No comments: